Re: Dallas to Calatrava: Redesign within the Budget

Perhaps public projects aren't the right place for "cost no object" architecture.

Usually, I'm torn between the dead-ugly brick boxes of "economical design" and the extravagant expenditures of the past (the US Capitol...can you imagine the cost of such a building today? Especially for a place where no useful work ever gets done ;-)

I suppose it's good that they're holding the architect's feet to the fire.

Jordan