RE: Dallas to Calatrava: Redesign within the Budget

We should be careful to not criticize too strongly....Calatrava is also a
civil/structural engineer.

Barry H. Welliver

From: Jordan Truesdell, PE [mailto:seaint1(--nospam--at)truesdellengineering.com]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 9:16 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Dallas to Calatrava: Redesign within the Budget

Perhaps public projects aren't the right place for "cost no object"
architecture.

Usually, I'm torn between the dead-ugly brick boxes of "economical design"
and the extravagant expenditures of the past (the US Capitol...can you
imagine the cost of such a building today? Especially for a place where no
useful work ever gets done ;-)

I suppose it's good that they're holding the architect's feet to the fire.

Jordan