Re: Dallas to Calatrava: Redesign within the Budget

Polhemus, Bill wrote:

Um, how about any "football-only"/"baseball-only"/"basketball-only"
facility constructed in the last ten years?

We sure got one helluva'n expensive sandbox called Reliant Stadium
hereabouts, that cost about $350 mill six years ago. Not a WHOLE lot of
"useful work" gets done there!

I was going to say they were private projects, and they can spend as much as they want, but the way influential individuals seem to be able to dip into the public coffers for such extravagance, I guess they would count too. Whenever I'm in DC, I always wonder what kind of fight you'd get if you tried to put up such architecture today for public buildings.

Jordan