RE: Dallas to Calatrava: Redesign within the Budget

Thanks Paul...I share you opinion of Dr. Calatrava's design capabilities,
which are incredible.

One of my friends was the GC for the Milwaukee Art Museum...

He told me some stories about the guy that were, well, less than flattering.

Doesn't mean that he's not a genius.

Mies, Wright, Graham...all these visionaries had their issues...but we are
better for their existence.

People hire Calatrava not only because of the beauty of his architecture,
but also for the "trickle down" effect (for Bill P.) that comes to the
communities where he builds.

Just ask the people of Milwaukee, Wisconsin: the new art museum, which cost
4x the budget has led to a re-birth of the city and the lakefront...people
are actually moving back downtown...!

Similar statements can be made about Bilbao and the work Frank G. did for
Millennium Park in Chicago.

The benefits are worth the cost.

David L. Fisher SE PE
Senior Director