Re: RE: holdown at sherwall intersection

=====================
From: Eli Grassley <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
Date: Fri Jun 09 12:01:11 CDT 2006
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: holdown at sherwall intersection

It is advisable to use the maximum generated code force of 100% tension from
one direction, and 30% tension from the other direction.  This can be
resisted by 1 holdown.  There is no reason to use 2 holdowns.

~ ELI

I use the sum of T*cos45 for each load, which assumes the worst combination of the two loads, i.e. an EQ at 45d off the axis of the two walls.

Don