Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Subject: Re: HSS column splice[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Subject: Re: HSS column splice
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:41:22 -0700
my curious eye seems to remember see Hss splices in a high rise where they welded a plate on top of the lower Hss section then the extension was set on the plate and fillet or full pen welded to the plate. so the splice is welding to a horizontal plate between the upper and lower sections. they had some shear type looking plates around the outside so they could bolt the upper column to the lower for erection.(later to be cutoff?) I think they also changed hss sizes at the plate. The plate could be slightly oversized to account for the out of square tolerances issues noted in one reply.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Stucco or GWB as shear wall in seismic zone 4 (1997 UBC/2001 CBC)
- Next by Subject: Super Note Tab and Tiny Spell
- Previous by thread: Re: Fwd: Partition Load in UBC 1970
- Next by thread: Natural Frequency of a Noncomposite Floor System