Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Slab column stiffness[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Slab column stiffness
- From: "Anantha Narayan C.K." <anant_27(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:05:53 +0100 (BST)
I am trying to model a low rise flat plate (post tensioned) sway frame. There is a 2 story space with columns going two stories. Unbraced length factor = 2.0.
I am using Etabs to design the column, and I know that Etabs does not compute the K factor for columns. I am trying to use the nomographs in ACI to compute my k value. However, I do not find any reference in ACI that talks about the stiffness of a slab column joint. I am unsure whether I should be using the torsional stiffness of the joint.
Can anyone let me know of the procedure to compute the same and hence the K value, which I can then input manually into etabs to do moment magnification.
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: SIMPLIFIED BASE SHEAR DESIGN
- Next by Subject: Slab floor damage
- Previous by thread: Re: First Stripes reference on Seaint was re:Dan Quayle was Re: Dallasto Calatrava: Redesign within the Budget
- Next by thread: Vish's jottings