To: SEAINT
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:18 AM
Subject: Tension rod bracing

Under the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions is tension rod bracing
prohibited?  We have a case where the building will be designed as a
special concentric braced frame, but the architect is objecting to those
braces that will be in front of large windows.  Can tension rod bracing
be used for these locations?  The building is a 2 story structure and
the braces will be on both levels.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org