From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>
To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Tension rod bracing
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:18:26 -0800

Under the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions is tension rod bracing prohibited? We have a case where the building will be designed as a special concentric braced frame, but the architect is objecting to those braces that will be in front of large windows. Can tension rod bracing be used for these locations? The building is a 2 story structure and the braces will be on both levels.