From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Tension rod bracing

As with everything else.... it depends.  Are you using ASCE 7 or IBC, and
which edition?

The 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions do not preclude tension rod bracing.  What
will limit the applicability is the ASCE 7 or IBC.  The biggest variables
are:
A.  Seismic Design Category.  Since you are using a SCBF, I would presume
that you are in SDC D, E or F.
B.  Height

Look at ASCE 7-05 Table 12.2-1.

Regards,