Re: 2006 FIFA World Cup: Who Cares?

Stan,

That is your opinion. I can agree with you on baseball. But, cricket, especially the one day (limited overs) is very exciting. If I had a choice, I will watch cricket, not basketball.

In the US, soccer (football, and rightfully so, for the rest of the world) is not liked because of low scores. However, soccer fans like the game for the technique and skill and magic exhibited by the players.

I believe an individual likes the sport he grew up playing or watching.

Rajendran

"Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com> wrote:
Casey & Friends:

Who cares about soccer? After the debacle yesterday, soccer is truly
irrelevant in North America. Even in the best of times, soccer is about
as entertaining as baseball or cricket. All three are sports to be
played, not watched.