Re: welding nuts follow-up

Another approach; IF this connector is loaded in shear
and is not a slip critical connection, then the weld
will have to take all the load until the bolt slips
into bearing.  A spot weld will not take much load.

If it is a fully tensioned connection, well then there
is no slip.

Keep up posted!

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ