Re: double angle vs starred (cruciform) angle

But if they are being used for bracing, the end connections are tougher.  JPRiley

Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com> wrote:

On Jun 16, 2006, at 11:38 PM, Neil Moore wrote:

> I've never used starred angles and they might be somewhat difficult to
> make the end connections.

Could also be that the starred configuration gives you a lot less
column stiffness than the same four angles welded into a box. And the
same amount of metal formed into an HSS section looks neater and is a
lot easier to paint.
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org