Re: Tension rod bracing

While I have limited experience in this subject, I will mention that one of the more impressive things I saw after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake here in the San Francisco area was a tall water tank with several of its bracing rods hanging loose from one end.  I wonder how well that structure would have performed if the eq., had lasted a little longer.  And it's right beside a major 6-lane city street.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA