Deck Ledger

Hi,

I looked at a low deck that was attached to a house thru the existing stucco.  a 2x ledger is lag bolted to the rim joist thru the stucco.  any Idea how to calc the bolt attachment.  Ishould I calc the bolt as cantilevered thru the stucco or supported by the stucco.  How about the weatherproofing 1) of the bolt holes 2) of the entire assembly.   would it be better to cut and remove the stucco an put in a drip edge over a new ledger?  The house is in the great basin desert climate ( hot dry summers)

Thanks
Tim Rudolph