From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:10 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Open building with pitched roof

Joe:

Not a dumb question...and I don't know the answer.  At first, I thought it
might be the wind direction (i.e. parallel to ridge vs. perpendicular to
the ridge as someone else suggested), but that seems to be handled by the
gamma angle.  Tables 6-18A, 6-18B, and 6-18C seem be for the case of wind
perpendicular to ridge line in either direction (i.e. gamma of either 0
deg or 180 deg) while table 6-18D appears to be for wind parallel to the
ridge line (i.e. gamma of 90 deg).  And table 6-18A for mono slope roofs
does have two sets of columns...one for gamma of 0 deg and one for gamma
of 180 deg.

And the commentary does not say anything about it either.

So, you got me...

I might see if someone that I know on the committee can tell me.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI