From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:37 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Open building with pitched roof

A couple of weeks ago, I ask a question regarding wind loads on an open structure with a pitched roof.  In my case it is a small bus stop canopy.  Since then I have purchased and received the new ASCE 7-0-5  with a section, 6.5.13 which deals with this subject.  By the way thanks to all of you that answered my last post on this subject and who provided me with temporary faxes from this section.

The project has resurfaced for me to finish and I have a simple, maybe dumb question.

Anyway, section 6.5.13.2 contains an equation using a value of Cn and refers to sections 6-18A through 6-18D.  Table 6-18B is the table in question for my little project.

Now for the dumb question.  I have searched and can not find a definition for “Load Case” which gives two options “A” or “B” to find the values for Cnw or Cnl.  Can someone explain or send me somewhere in the text for the definition.  Maybe I’m reading over the definition somewhere.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.