Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Nut Keepers, or Welding Nuts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Nut Keepers, or Welding Nuts
- From: "Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:34:26 -0400
Our experience with keepers is that threading the bolt into the nut in the field is easier if the nut is held tightly with a bolt through the hole when the keeper is attached. A little bit of misalignment or rotation makes a big difference. It may not be your place to suggest this to the fabricator, but the erector may want to do so.
- Prev by Subject: NOw 40% chEapEr, buy tabs and yOur woman will bE happy
- Next by Subject: RE: Nut Keepers, or Welding Nuts
- Previous by thread: Re: Rephrased: Maps of Known Active Fault Near-Source Zones in CA
- Next by thread: RE: Nut Keepers, or Welding Nuts