Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Slab floor damage[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Slab floor damage
- From: ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:06:10 EDT
40-year old single story house w/ 4" slab-on-grade foundation/floor, most likely cut and fill pad, water seepage in nearby street but not under house, trees in side yards. Floor tiles cracked (tight cracks) and buckled approximately 1-inch high near the edge of the floor (but not at the edge) in a 5-foot line perpendicular to cut/fill line and to base of slope. No damage to plaster walls, ceilings. Moderate temperatures (Los Angeles). No recent shaking (construction, earthquakes). Wha’s up?
Charles Laine, S.E.
Long Beach, CA
- Prev by Subject: Slab column stiffness
- Next by Subject: RE: Slab floor damage
- Previous by thread: RE: Fire Resistance Ratings
- Next by thread: Re: Slab floor damage