Re: Stucco or GWB as shear wall in seismic zone 4 (1997 UBC/2001 CBC)

>>> Mlcse(--nospam--at)aol.com 6/23/2006 12:03 AM >>>

Bill,

I would try and convince him that plywood/OSB provides a lot more
residual
strength to resist seismic forces, especially racking action in a
house..its
just to brittle......................

Depends on who your client is. You would be able to convince a
homeowner, but probably not a contractor or developer. They would go for
the cheaper option as long as it is code compliant.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.