STUCCO AND WALLBOARD IN E-QUAKE

BlankAn appendix to recent discussions on the subject:

Please remember that in any real event there are not only forces acting
in the plane of wall, but there are often intense vibrations normal to the wall.
The latter can be damaging if the wall lining is heavy and brittle.

I would have little concern about the wallboard (known here as gyprock)
but stucco, unreinforced with any fiber, is a different story.

If your customer wants his wall to survive, ask him to fiber-reinforce.

Sincerely,
Gregory from OZ

An appendix to recent discussions on the subject:

Please remember that in any real event there are not only forces acting
in the plane of wall, but there are often intense vibrations normal to the wall.
The latter can be damaging if the wall lining is heavy and brittle.

I would have little concern about the wallboard (known here as gyprock)
but stucco, unreinforced with any fiber, is a different story.

If your customer wants his wall to survive, ask him to fiber-reinforce.

Sincerely,
Gregory from OZ

AdmID:016F1455D9B9D3E36B943CE538A54620