Re: Stucco or GWB as shear wall in seismic zone 4 (1997 UBC/2001 CBC)

In a message dated 6/23/06 5:21:18 AM, T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net writes:
You cite the same qualitative issues I have with these types of shear walls,
but I need quantitative reasons.

This kind of client "request" drives me nuts.  It's like I asked my doctor to "prove" to me NUMERICALLY that smoking 2 packs/day WILL hurt me.  Not just "generalities" about how millions have died because of that, but specific NUMBERS applicable ME individually.

I think this is the same kind of client who will come back to haunt you after the earthquake has caused serious damage to his structure.

Just my 2 cents.

Ralph