From: ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Slab floor damage

40-year old single story house w/ 4" slab-on-grade foundation/floor, most likely cut and fill pad, water seepage in nearby street but not under house, trees in side yards. Floor tiles cracked (tight cracks) and buckled approximately 1-inch high near the edge of the floor (but not at the edge) in a 5-foot line perpendicular to cut/fill line and to base of slope. No damage to plaster walls, ceilings. Moderate temperatures (Los Angeles). No recent shaking (construction, earthquakes). Wha’s up?

Charles Laine, S.E.

Long Beach, CA