Re: RE: Small office use of Autodesk Revit Structural

I responded to this once and it didn't seem to make the board, so I'll capsulize it again.

I recently switched from ADT to Revit and am currently getting up to speed and will use it on my next project, (a hillside house).

Right now, I think Revit is a bit undernourished, but it is extremely fast, self-coordinates and schedules nearly anything you like in all views and in real time with no refresh, and most importantly, is not built on the ACAD platform and hence should be more nimble in innovation since it does not need to be sifted through the ACAD bureaucracy.

I mulled the switch for months, attended seminars about it and concluded that ADT will not survive, regardless of protestations to the contrary from ADesk because it is hampered by ACAD's need to serve so many different needs, (GIS, Manufacturing, etc.) .

That said, I don't know if I'd switch to REVIT if I were an engineer, although you may need both sooner than you'd like to think.  Upgrade for both from ADT2004 was about $3000. Be aware also that Revit requires a subscription.

Don