RE: RE: Small office use of Autodesk Revit Structural

Don,
I recently switched from Digest mode to standard because I found I missed
replies to past posts by not seeing what was coming in immediately. Many
e-mailed me privately and because they also posted to the list, I was not
tempted to search the digests. Now I can respond somewhat faster and
apologize for not responding to your earlier post that I must have missed.

Barry,
I'm not sure what you meant. I have a subscription to ADT 2007 and have had
a subscription since ADT 2004. If I would change over to Revit, I would
assume that I would be giving up ADT and therefore, am not clear if I can
transfer the subscription or must pay an upgrade fee plus an additional
subscription (until I cancel my ADT subscription). I don't see that I would
need both and it seems unreasonable for Autodesk to penalize engineers who
are willing to switch over from ADT 2007 to Revit Structural version 3. When
the price was quoted at $1295, I was talking to a customer service rep and
not the person I deal with on the ADT subscription. Therefore, I thought
that this price included both ADT 2007 and Revit v. 3. The way they
described it to me, I would not need both.

Don, there is an internal fight between divisions over which package will
survive. Thanks for the comments on Revit being "undernourished" as it fits
in with what I learned from Sales support.

If I can make the cross-platform trade for the difference in the cost of the
individual station, I might consider it only because of the extensive 3D
library I was told about.

Barry, can you confirm any of this topic about pricing for upgrades - I'm
rather confused by your description.

Thanks
Dennis

Best Regards,