RE: RE: Small office use of Autodesk Revit Structural

Sure...

I can only speak to the way I have licensed AutoCAD and Revit.

Both of these products I purchased as stand alone products although Revit
was a not for resale product and therefore nor upgradable.

When I upgraded to Revit Structure Series 3 the options for me were to use
my AutoCAD 2006 (stand alone license) as the base for costing the upgrade.
My invoice stated that the upgrade from 2006 to Revit Series Structure was
$900 (I think) and an optional product (Subscription) was an additional
$600. I asked my dealer if I purchased the subscription would that put me
into a perpetual upgrade only through subscription and was told no.
Apparently I can drop my cost of subscription after one year and still
retain ownership of the Revit Series product.

The Revit Series Structure 3 includes Revit 3 and AutoCAD 2007. I don't
think you'd need to retain ADT because many of those functions in that
product are included in Revit. You'll need to read more about this in their
literature. I know they have info for ADT converts to Revit which explain
the process.

I have been using my subscription to do some of the e-learning courses and
have been reasonably pleased. I had one problem with the license on Revit
not being recognized by subscription and support was very fast and helpful.

I'll try to post periodically about my trials and tribulations with Revit as
I know there are others on this list who may have interest.

Barry H. Welliver