Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Slab floor damage

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Unfortunately, they do not have a web page. However, the company where the tile, marble or pavers are purchased can be probably find a local distributor. In the Palm Springs area Del Mundo Tile carries it in rolls. They are located in either Bermuda Dunes or Palm Desert California. They might be able to give you the name of the distributor.


Also, you can find other similar products by doing a Google search for “Tile Elastomeric Membrane” or “Concrete Crack Isolation Membrane” or “Tile Isolation Membrane”


Polyguard™  ( is another rubberized asphalt membrane that I found doing a couple of Google searches. You have choices – HGTV also shows a rigid membrane that lies down in sheets over concrete and the tile is thinset above it. is a web page with many links to various floor tile (hard surface) materials including crack isolation membranes or substrates that you can use like the C-Cure products. This is a link that is on the Ceramic Tile Association website.


However, as most of the others have indicated, you certainly want to check the cause of the elevation changes over the surface of the crack by recommending a study be done by a local geotechnical engineer.  


Best Regards,


From: ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at) [mailto:ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 12:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: Slab floor damage



  I cannot find on the web the "Pascoe membrane" you mentioned as an underlayment for tile flooring. Can you tell me more about it and where I can find their web site?