Re: STUCCO AND WALLBOARD IN E-QUAKE

Stucco properly installed with drip screed, can indeed transfer load it the sill plate IF the fasteners penetrate the weep screed.

Staples (in my experience) have a hard time penetrating the weep screen, rather a hit or miss kind of process; furring nails go right through it.

Based on lab testing, I believe that the CoLA value of 90 plf is reasonable & conservative.

cheers
Bob