RE: SIMPLIFIED BASE SHEAR DESIGN

Gary Grinstead
Plancheck Engineer
City of Stockton
(209) 937-5097
Gary.Grinstead(--nospam--at)ci.stockton.ca.us

>>> elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com 6/26/2006 11:00 AM >>>
My opinion stands that this engineer is just cutting corners and giving his
clients poor service.  I have worked for residential design engineers in the
past, and some are good, charge reasonable fees and are diligent with their
design.  Others charge too small of fees as a way to get business and need
to cut corners to be able to get their design finished in the limited time
they have due to the low fee.

As a plancheck engineer, I see a LOT of this.  And not just on residential.