RE: Small office use of Autodesk Revit Structural

=====================
From: Yi Yang <YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com>
Date: Mon Jun 26 14:46:34 CDT 2006
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: RE: Small office use of Autodesk Revit Structural

I'm curious to see how Revit works, both for structural engineers and architects, on small residential projects.  From the limited amount of information I know about Revit and the demos I've see, it doesn't  seem to be flexible enough for very irregular framings which are very common on custom residential projects.

Don, it would be great if you can share your experience with Revit on your next hillside house project.

Thanks.

I'll try to keep you all abreast of developments as the occur.  So far, I would venture to say that Revit is not anymore encumbering than ADT is, (which, admittedly, isn't saying much when you get into the idiosyncracies of residential design).

What was "good" (if you call this good) about ADT was the backbone of ACAD.  Wherever ADT fell apart, (which was in all kinds of areas), one could fall back onto "Ol' Reliable", ACAD and just run with 2D drafting.  Revit doesn't seem to have that backing, which could mean trouble.

We'll see.

Don