RE: structural light gauge framing

Brian,

It's not difficult, but it is not the same as structural steel design --
you need to be familiar with what you're using.  Ask contractors who
install it for their recommendations as far as layout, connections, etc.
because a lot of folks have different ways of doing things that work
just fine.  Following are some references that I think will be useful to
you:

1.  "Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural
Members" by AISI

2.  ICC Evaluation Report No. 4943P - "Bearing and Nonbearing Steel
Studs" (SSMA)

3.  "Light Steel Framing Manual" by The Steel Network, Inc.
(www.steelnetwork.com) ... It's free (I think, can't remember when I got
mine)

4.  "Cold-Formed Steel Design" by Wei-Wen Yu (ISBN 04713-4809-0) ... You
can probably find an early edition for cheap online.

There are also many online articles, etc., but make sure the author or
sponsoring organization is reputable.

HTH,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
Tulare, CA
E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com