Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
thin structural slab design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: thin structural slab design
- From: "Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:01:06 -0500
I am designing a thin elevated slab for an entry area on a condo project. The slab is six bays long (17’ each) by one bay wide (13’). Due to some restrictions on thickness, I started analyzing a 5” thick slab with one mat of rebar bearing on 8” diameter concrete piers. Punching shear is giving me fits. Is there any merit to simply adding some additional horizontal rebar over the columns and calculating shear friction to resist the punching shear? In a 5” slab and with the construction budget, hoops or stud rails are probably not an option.
Bruce D. Holcomb, PE, SE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
- Prev by Subject: RE: Thickened Edge Slab - Jointing
- Next by Subject: RE: thin structural slab design
- Previous by thread: Re: Trib K Mittra RULES!!
- Next by thread: RE: thin structural slab design