RE: Response to Kirtesh's concern (was: Is ASCE Competing Against Us?)

Kirtesh:

This return receipt definitely appears to have come from you/your email
system.  The full Internet email header has this entry as the first entry
in the routing information of the message:

        by mailout.ltindia.com (Symantec Mail Security) with ESMTP id
    799A8444014
        for <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>; Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:08:01 +0530 (IST)"

This entry in the message routing information shows the message starting
from your company's domain.  In addition, the message ID shows your email
system as the ID creater:

    >"

While it is possible to spoof this information (I believe at least), it is
extremely difficult to do with no "finger prints".  Thus, it certainly
appears that the return receipt is from you/your email system.  Thus, if
you have not set any setting to supply return receipts, then more than
likely your email system has been set to automatically do it by your IT
folks.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI