Re: Response to Kirtesh's concern

Oh, I understand.  Return receipt requests tend to annoy me at times too.
Fortunately, for this email account I use Pine (a UNIX based text email
client) and either it does not deal with return receipt requests or just
ignores them.  I only encounter them when I clean messages off the server
that I want to archive by downloading them in to Outlook.  At that point,
I then get the return receipt requests when I mark all the messages as
read in Outlook.  I just always answer no.

This is not to say that return/read receipts are not nice and don't have
purpose.  It is just that some severely over use them (for example, do you
really care to know who did and did not read your message to teh SEAINT
list?...I although it was interesting to see who I got return/read
receipts from on this one occasion...it was an interesting exercise).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI