RE: Response to Kirtesh's concern

Bill:

I use it for multiple reasons...

1) My alumni account only really allows me access to UNIX machines through
a SSH connection.  Thus, I only have a "dumb" text terminal (i.e. command
line) interface to use.  Thus, if I do it through the actual UNIX login,
then PINE is the best option.  In otherwords, I am not using some nice
graphical interface to access the account.

2) It means that things like viruses and trojan horses are not an issue
for me in email.

3) I can use Outlook (or some other POP or IMAP) email client to retrieve
the email, but I like to leave the messages on the server for extended
periods of time.  This allows me to access them from ANYWHERE, either by
using a SSH connection or using a web interface (I have that option as
well).  I will retrieve the messages with Outlook and delete them off the
server when I have accumulilated enough messages that I want to archive (I
am a SERIOUS pack rat, even with email).

4) And the ability to easily turn on full email Internet headers is nice.
I will point out that you can see those headers in Outlook, but it is less
convinient (must got to View:Options... menu option).

5) Last...I kind of like it.  It has grown on my over the years.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI