From: John Riley[mailto:jpriley485(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 10:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Sections or Details

I've often wondered why we have to designate them as details orsections.  I avoid it if they are cut on plan.  And if they arereferred to in a note it can say, "See 3/S4", without saying whetherits a detail or section.  But if it's a standard detail or section, likethrough an elevator pit, I label it "Standard Section Through ElevatorPit."

John Riley

Nels Roselund <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net> wrote:
Mithc,

My Sections show a condition that extendssome distance on the Plan, such as the intersection of a roof and a wall. My Details show how to construct a structural Assembly.

Most Sections will refer to Details; forexample, the assembly of components for construction a wall anchor that hasbeen drawn schematically in the Section will be shown in the Detail.

A Section is a single view.  A Detailmay have several views in order to clarify how the components are to beassembled.

Nels Roselund, SE
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net