RE: big dig structural failure - epoxy anchors overhead supporting gravity

From: Ray Pixley [mailto:r_pixley(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:34 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: big dig structural failure - epoxy anchors overhead
supporting gravity

From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>

>I wonder how much of the discussion we've had in this thread is a
repeat of
>discussions in the various 'big dig' structural engineering offices
when
>the project was being put together.

We don't know what the workplace situation was there.  So we don't know
if
such discussions did occur, or if they were greatly discouraged by the
powers that be a.k.a the Challenger space shuttle incident, the quashed
opinions of some low level NASA scientists that did not agree with
certain
high level political power philosophies, and the employment at will
doctrine.  The more money and political power that's involved, the more
likely that these are some of the important underlying issues.