Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Concentrated Load at Edge of Pedestal[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Concentrated Load at Edge of Pedestal
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:33:51 -0700
Could you consider this condition similar to a concentrated load on a corbel and analyze and reinforce it per ACI 11.9?
Bob Garner, S.E.
From: Mike Zaitz
I have a condition where I will have concentrated loads near the edge of the concrete pedestal under some latticed columns. The pedestal is 4'-0" x 2'-0" with 2-W14x43 columns with the webs parallel to the short dimension. The centerlines (parallel to the web) are only 5 inches from the edge. For this case my factored load is only 157 kips but on other areas they will be higher. I have checked the bearing for the concrete and am trying to find anything for verifying that I will not spall the edge of the pedestal. I do not find anything in the code (ACI 318-99) that addresses this condition (other than the concrete bearing). Is there something I am missing?
- Prev by Subject: Concentrated Load at Edge of Pedestal
- Next by Subject: Re: Concentrated Load at Edge of Pedestal
- Previous by thread: Re: Concentrated Load at Edge of Pedestal
- Next by thread: Long pipeline seismic design