Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:35:54 -0700
Title: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center
Insurance, Insurance, Insurance!
Sprengnether (sp.) used to make a nice small vibration monitoring device that will tell you what structure motions might be experienced in the data center room while work is ongoing (we used them to monitor vibrations in apartment buildings in NYC while doing drill-blast-& shoot tunneling below). Dust control by positive air pressure in data center room. That's all I can think of for now. Best of Luck.
Bob Garner, S.E.
From: Greene, Al [PTS]
Does anyone have any first hand experience with doing a seismic upgrade in a data center room while the servers and air conditioning system are running. Upgrade work would be installing concrete shear walls and micropiles.
Any lessons learned?
Thanks in advance for any input,
Greene, PE, SECB
- Prev by Subject: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center
- Previous by thread: Re: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center
- Next by thread: RE: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center