Re: big dig structural failure - epoxy anchors overhead supporting gravity

I admittedly am one of these younger engineers.
In my office, I am the most knowledgeable about steel SMRFs, yet my
experience is also limited to coursework.  Perhaps it is a problem
with codes advancing too quickly, changes that a company cannot keep
up with, except to hire the young engineers that have had the
coursework.  It is a good reason to have an engineer with a masters or
phd, at least they should be more studied in the latest research.  It
is good for our company that we have engineers of different
characteristics, to get a broad perspective on the approaches, with
some ideas that can be addressed even in the field during erection.