Re: Re: Sections or Details

=====================
From: ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
Date: 2006/07/17 Mon PM 12:35:15 CDT
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Sections or Details

This is partly the reason that I have made the move to BIM software.  It provides realtime 3d of the structure and a change in one location, (theoretically) ripples thoughout the project, from sections to schedules to plans. In BIM, a beam only occurs once in the model so its always correct when its changed.

REVit UPDATE: So far my implementation of Revit on the hillside house has been surprisingly painless.  I'm still flipping between modeling the plans and hard-walling spaces, but 3d modeling has been a breeze and the transition to hard walls has, so far, not been a problem.  But its still early....

Don

Here are my 2 cents worth.Every detail on the drawings should be referenced on a plan, elevation or section. Member sizes need to be called out only ONCE. (If you call them out repeatedly, if they change it is so easy to forget one of them, and that is one (the only one) the contracotr is looking at when he misses the revision). Antonio S. LuidoniConsulting Consulting S.E.