RE: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center

Neil,

I've talked to one San Francisco installer who thinks head room is no problem.  He hasn't installed them in data centers though.  In our case, there are aisles between the server racks and the exterior walls that afford some space for construction but not a lot.  What was your head room limit?

Al

From: Neil Moore [mailto:nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 3:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Seismic Upgrade vs. Data Center

Are the micropiles going under the ground floor?   You might contact some micropile installers and see if they can physically install the micropiles with the head room that exists.  I've had a number of problems with this; in fact, one that we're working on presently.

We finally gave up and moved most of the contents out and tore up the floor.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
neil moore and associates
consulting structural engineers
shingle springs, ca