From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Footing Overturning in Rock

Joe,

I’m not sure if you are kidding or serious.  How common are epoxy rock anchors?  I haven’t seen them used before.  I have been to the Williams site http://www.williamsform.com/Ground_Anchors/ground_anchors.html and looked at their literature.  It seems to me that there are 2 possible ways of doing it.  One option is to predrill and use pigtails in the footing.  The other is to post install by drilling through the footing into the rock.

I would think wedge anchors would be more reliable because you may not get a clean hole for the epoxy.  Plus, pumping equipment is needed.

Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Rich