Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Where To Go In San Francisco ??[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Where To Go In San Francisco ??
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:09:27 EDT
"anywhere, anytime" (on public transportation) is somewhat of an exaggeration. The Ferry Building is a giant up-up-scale "food court" including at least one seafood restaurant, Hogg Island Oyster Co, or something like that. The rotating restaurant on the Hyatt Hotel on Market St. is fun, even if touristy.
In a message dated 7/19/06 7:44:32 AM, rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com writes:
Probably not practical for you but I understand they're offering overnighters at Alcatraz. Cable cars have become touristy at $5 per ride. Metro is now below Market Street (coupled with BART) and vastly improved. Public transit is great! You can get anywhere, anytime. In my younger days, I could pretty much cover most of San Fran by foot. We were up there in May of this year and the farmer's market near the Ferry Building had some great eats (but I don't recall seafood) but is only open on Sunday. I can't recommend a good seafood restaurant, sorry.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Where To Go In San Francisco ??
- Next by Subject: RE: Where To Go In San Francisco ??
- Previous by thread: Re: Where To Go In San Francisco ??
- Next by thread: RE: Where To Go In San Francisco ??