Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wood post limitations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wood post limitations
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:14:24 -0500
From: Jim Wilson
Since I only see them already in place, I', looking for legitimate reasons to direct owners/contractors to remove and replace them with steel.
I think this is a legitimate question, but consider:
They use treated wood piles all the time in marine and littoral environments. These are certainly driven into the ground, and the only time I’ve seen problems is in the tidal regions in shallow marine areas where the shipworms love to nibble.
- Prev by Subject: Wood post limitations
- Next by Subject: Re: Wood post limitations
- Previous by thread: Re: Wood post limitations
- Next by thread: lateral dist. of concentrated load in concrete slab