Wind loading at overhangs

i don't recall the 94 ubc, but the 97 should have a table of values
for Cq (I believe this is the right one, could be Cp). the overhang
value is somewhere around 3 i believe.  normal enclosed walls are
around 1.3 or 0.8 for windward and 0.5 for leeward.
use the value specified for overhangs.  perhaps it is closer to 2.6, i
don't know off the top of my head.  it will be a total value of
windward and leeward, it is specific for overhangs in the table.  for
the height of the building, that should come in at your qz and qh
values.

you may find my excel files useful.
you can adapt it for 94 ubc, although it is suited for asce 7-02.
efuge.pbwiki.com follow the links to free structural software.
i am hoping to get people interested in collaborating in simple
software development.  so if anyone is interested, please email, and i
can give you the password for working directly on the wiki.

refugio