Snow Load + Seismic

2001 CBC section 1612.2.1 (LRFD)

Section 1612.3.2 (ASD Load)

I have a project with a 40 psf snow load. Therefore, the S value must be combined with the E/1.4 in the ASD value and I may reduce it up to 75%.

What I am not clear about is if the mass of the snow is included in the E value. I read this as Snow is not a part of Seismic Dead Load.

I have done projects in Alaska under IBC a few years back where I had to include 50% of the snow load as seismic mass, but the building department I'm dealing with does not state that in their webpage of code requirements.

what do you think? The structure is a residence with a simple 6/12 gable roof.

TIA,
-gm