Re: FEMA-350 and 2001 CBC

Well, if they are OMF, then I believe pre-northridge connections with some slight modifications to weld material and backing bar stuff are still allowed in FEMA 350.

My Experience has been that cities will have amendments on their website saying words to the effect that AISC Seismic Code are to be used which I believe references FEMA connections.

If someone is designing SMRF, you can certainly require them to design to FEMA 350.

-gm