Re: FEMA-350 and 2001 CBC

on a quick page through the CBC after having gone through the FEMA 350,
I came upon a section where CBC only allows prequalified connections like RBS.
Also, in ASCE 7-02, IBC 2003 for that matter, depending on the Seismic Design Criteria,
there is a table that will tell you permitted structures in the SDC region.  If you are in a Zone
4, SDC D or E, then that table would tell you OMF's are not permitted.  There are some allowances
depending on height of structure, and weight of roof.
Perhaps this doesn't help, but it might keep you looking.
Refugio