Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Engineering Spec

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I assume this is what I normally call a "bracket" or a shelf that the beam would bear on. Perhaps this is prevent interference with mechanical or architectural items. 
 -----Original Message-----
From: dave lowen [mailto:jatech(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 8:16 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Engineering Spec



I have a clause in a spec. that states ‘Beam to column moment connections shall not be designed with a haunch unless otherwise noted on the drawings.”


Can someone define ‘haunch’?


This project is in Texas if that makes a difference.



Dave Lowen

V 519 587 5797

F 519 587 5138

E jatech(--nospam--at)